Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins Are So Cool! (AKA: I Love Halloween!)

Halloween is my favorite time of the year. It's a special time for my fiance, Jeff, and I. We knew we were made for each other at this time of the year and one Halloween we will have our wedding. (We've been engaged since 2006!)



But, I digress! This year we will be celebrating our first Halloween in our new home, and I am very excited! Last night, my two boys and I carved pumpkins. I haven't done this in many years. My boys are 14 and 15. This was the first time they got to actually do all the carving themselves. Brandon is my 15 year old. He plays this online game called Stick Arena. They are having a pumpkin carving contest, so he wanted to make something cool to enter in the contest. It took him over 2 hours, but this is what he made. He used a pre-made pattern from the pumpkin carving kit we bought.
OK, so that doesn't look too impressive does it? How about after the lights go out?
Let's all wish Brandon luck! I hope he wins the prize he wanted!

Kane is my 14 year old son. He likes skulls, so he made this one. He designed it himself!
When the lights go out, it looks like this:
Impressive, eh?

Now, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do myself. My first thought was a rage face, but it wasn't quite what I wanted to do. Final Fantasy is my favorite game series, so I did a quick search online for ideas. I came across a simple pumpkin carved into the design of a cactuar, which happens to be my favorite Final Fantasy monster.
So, I drew one freehand on my pumpkin. It looks like this:
Impressive, most impressive.
Awww Yeeeaaahhhh! I think it looks pretty cool. When the sun goes down, he looks like this:

Fear his 10,000 needle attack! I am very proud of my little creation. ^_^

I am still waiting for Jeff to carve his pumpkin. He wants to do a scary Disturbed-inspired pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment