Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Spiders, I Loves Them

Well, it's officially October 13. My lucky number in my favorite month! What a great day to post some pictures of my favorite little creature, the spider.



I know, most of you probably hate spiders. They are hairy, and they have 8 eight legs, and they skitter across the floor in your house. They are creepy and crawly and gross. And, "OMG! They are going to kill me!" You go fetch something to whack them with and they freaking disappear!
"Whack that friggin' thing already!"

But, I'm not like that. I think spiders are fascinating creatures. And, I photograph them every chance I get. So, here is a little gallery of some of my favorite photos of spiders. All photos were taken by me, so please don't steal them, but you may absolutely purchase any one of them from me! I have some for sale in my Etsy shop or just write a comment or convo me through Etsy. 

"Hi there. I'm just a friendly little crab spider....uh...what are you doing with that shoe?"


This photo looks like a negative. Turned out kinda cool!

One of my favorite spiders, the garden orb weaver.

A close-up of the garden spider's back design. Doesn't it look like Medusa?

"You look tasty!" A fat female wolf spider. Her photo is for sale in my  Etsy shop.

A small orb weaver female with an even tinier male!

Oh! Hello again, Ms. Wolf Spider!

"Do I scare you?" You can buy this guy on a  dog tag.

Don't worry! They're only confetti! Buy the photo here.

A female crab spider enjoying a skipper meal.

A teeny tiny male crab spider on a chive flower.

Two! Two! Two meals in one! What a lucky lady! This print is available  here!

Elegant Spider in sepia. Proof that spiders are beautiful!

Elegant Spider in color is available for purchase as a print here and as a magnet right here.

"Oh...hai!"


I'm not really sure what kind of spider this gorgeous one is, but I know it's not poisonous. I'm guessing just a large grass spider.

My favorite crab spider pic. Isn't she just gorgeous? Her photo is available in my Etsy shop.

Female crab spiders are fascinating!

"I'm a weight lifter! Grrr!" (Female crab spider feeding on a bumblebee.)

Some type of spiny orb weaver. This one was pretty big, about the size of my thumbnail, I believe.

"Nothing to see here. Move along...move along."

Dew-drenched daddy longlegs.  Not a spider but another type of arachnid called the harvestman. (Opiliones)

One reason I love spiders! They eat wasps! A gorgeous yellow female crab spider chowing down on evil!

Garden orb weaver.

Underside of garden orb weaver. You can see her spinnerets. I had to get my camera mere inches from her to take this shot with my macro filter.
Well, that's it for pictures! Hope you enjoyed them!
"Bye bye for now!" Jumping spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment