Thursday, October 27, 2011

Moar Pumpkins!

So, after my boys and I had so much fun carving pumpkins, Jeff decided he wanted to give it a try. Can you believe he has never carved a pumpkin before? We already had one pumpkin, so we bought another so he and I could do it together. This is what we did!



This is a Moogle. He's a cute character from the Final Fantasy game series. I didn't realize how hard scraping the skin of a pumpkin was until I tried this! It took me about 2 hours to make him. HINT: It's easier to thin the pumpkin from the INSIDE! LOL
For this shot, I turned off the lights and used an LED light to paint the lines you see behind the pumpkin. A fun little experiment!
Here is Jeff's pumpkin. One of his favorite bands is Disturbed, so this pumpkin face was inspired by them. He had a lot of fun carving it.
The evil arises after the sun goes down!
So, that's it for pumpkin carving this year! I think this shall be a yearly tradition. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment